The Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee
WHO WE ARE
The Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee was established by the City of Laguna Niguel in 2007. It consists of citizen volunteers appointed by the City Council to support the city’s three adopted military units – the USS Stockdale from San Diego, and the 1st Battalion, 4th Regiment from Camp Pendleton and 1st Battalion 140th Attack Blackhawk Battalion from Los Alamitos. The Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee also recognizes and supports current and former military members in the community.
The Laguna Niguel Military Support Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is the fundraising arm of the Military Support Committee and accepts donations on its behalf.
Brud LeTourneau: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carl David: email@example.com
John Ulrich: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE DO
Laguna Niguel recognizes that the men and women of our Armed Forces and their families often face special challenges and needs. By working closely with liaisons from our adopted units, we are able to determine their needs and how best to meet them. It is our privilege to serve our marines, sailors and their families to improve their lives.
Some examples of the Committee’s activities are:
• Sending CARE packages to deployed Sailors and Marines
• Providing baby gift boxes to expectant mothers in our adopted units and hosting baby showers
• Assisting families and service members with emergency travel expenses
• Collecting and sending cards and letters to deployed or injured troops
• Sponsoring “Welcome Home” receptions, holiday parties, baby showers, BBQ’s and other related events
• Providing financial assistance for medical treatment not covered by military
• Collecting and providing toys and gifts to children of service members during the holidays
• Organizing and participating in military fundraising events such as community car washes